Kaci Cronkhite's career spans more than three decades of non-profit leadership, education marketing, creative writing and event management. A life-long writer, with indefatigable love of nature and the will to write & work wherever the wind blows, she splits her time between a home in the canyons of Roman Nose State Park in Oklahoma, with Spidsgatter PAX in Port Townsend, Washington, and on writing sojourns with family, friends and colleagues around the world.
Notable Accomplishments & Awards
A decade in executive leadership at non-profits The Wooden Boat Foundation & Northwest Maritime Center in Port Townsend.
A decade ocean sailing on five different sailboats and one powerboat, including six years as full-time First Mate, relief Captain & instructor for Tethys Offshore during a world circumnavigation. Sailed over 62,000 miles in 34 countries.
A decade as manager/director for education & marketing organizations in Alaska, Iowa and Oklahoma. Managed events, creative program teams, and international marketing campaigns for non-profits, universities and research clients.
A childhood lived and writing life inspired on a fourth generation cattle ranch, the Cronkhite Ranch in northwest Oklahoma.
Awards & references. See LinkedIn: Kaci Cronkhite
- Speaker, Author events across the US, Australia & Denmark 2017 (see Upcoming Events)
- Mentor, Girls at the Helm on Schooner Adventuress 2016
- Author, Finding PAX 2016
- Consultant, Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney 2015
- Special Guest, Australian Wooden Boat Festival in Hobart 2013, 2015, 2017
- Presenter, Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival 2011-2016
- Guide and Guest Blogger, OffCenterHarbor.com 2011-present
- Captain, S/V Pax 2007-present
A life's work wherever the wind blows….
I love the dawn of opportunity, the passion of storms, the magnetism of horizons and the serenity prayer.